30 Final Reflection
Throughout this semester I have spent countless hours reflecting and adjusting my business idea as I received feedback. It is interesting to look back at the beginning and see the where the actual opportunity appeared for me, in the bug list, and then see the fully developed pitch. Over this period of time I have grown fond of the Defoginator. I can honestly say that when I made my bug list I did not think that I would be talking about the foggy mirror bug in my final post right now.
In my opinion, the most formative experience was reading the book about Mary Kay. Overall, I found that I learned most from each of the books that I read throughout the semester. The reason that I value the books most is because I found the other assignments were within my pre-existing skills. Years from now I will probably still remember the Defoginator, and unfortunately it will probably be because I will see similar products succeeding in the marketplace. My most joyous experience was probably creating each elevator pitch. I enjoy putting together a pitch, and trying to convince people to buy something in general. In my mind each pitch was a challenge for me to win the viewers over. By far I was proud of myself for actually creating an original product, and talking to people about it in order to develop it to better meet people's' needs. I'm proud of this because it makes me no different than a real life entrepreneur. With this experience in mind, I feel like I could succeed as an entrepreneur.
This concept of developing one's entrepreneurial mindset is extremely important to me, because of the value behind it. At the start of the semester I considered myself to have a somewhat entrepreneurial mindset, but found that I could develop my mindset much more. Now that the semester is ending, I feel that my entrepreneurial mindset is even stronger than at the start. This course has trained me to look at everything as a problem that can be solved. In addition, I feel like I constantly keep my eyes open to opportunities to make money and meet consumer needs more efficiently. I do think of myself as an entrepreneur because it is my ultimate goal to succeed on my own strength and work for my own personal success daily.
If a student taking ENT3003 in a future semester asked me for advice, my one recommendation would be to choose an opportunity that they are interested in on a personal level. Each week when I read other blogs it's obvious which students were uninterested in their venture concept, and those that were not proved to be superior. The simple solution to ENT3003 would be to use syllabus week to complete all blog posts, that way you are ensuring that you can earn 100 points in total. This strategy sounds like no fun, but if I had done it then I would have had much more fun during the semester. You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Anybody, even someone outside the business field, can benefit from an entrepreneurial mindset in day to day life. If a student does not want to use the entrepreneurial skills for their own benefit, then they must not be concerned with their life. The way that I developed my mindset was by criticizing the world around me at all times, which allowed me to see problems and imagine solutions.
In my opinion, the most formative experience was reading the book about Mary Kay. Overall, I found that I learned most from each of the books that I read throughout the semester. The reason that I value the books most is because I found the other assignments were within my pre-existing skills. Years from now I will probably still remember the Defoginator, and unfortunately it will probably be because I will see similar products succeeding in the marketplace. My most joyous experience was probably creating each elevator pitch. I enjoy putting together a pitch, and trying to convince people to buy something in general. In my mind each pitch was a challenge for me to win the viewers over. By far I was proud of myself for actually creating an original product, and talking to people about it in order to develop it to better meet people's' needs. I'm proud of this because it makes me no different than a real life entrepreneur. With this experience in mind, I feel like I could succeed as an entrepreneur.
This concept of developing one's entrepreneurial mindset is extremely important to me, because of the value behind it. At the start of the semester I considered myself to have a somewhat entrepreneurial mindset, but found that I could develop my mindset much more. Now that the semester is ending, I feel that my entrepreneurial mindset is even stronger than at the start. This course has trained me to look at everything as a problem that can be solved. In addition, I feel like I constantly keep my eyes open to opportunities to make money and meet consumer needs more efficiently. I do think of myself as an entrepreneur because it is my ultimate goal to succeed on my own strength and work for my own personal success daily.
If a student taking ENT3003 in a future semester asked me for advice, my one recommendation would be to choose an opportunity that they are interested in on a personal level. Each week when I read other blogs it's obvious which students were uninterested in their venture concept, and those that were not proved to be superior. The simple solution to ENT3003 would be to use syllabus week to complete all blog posts, that way you are ensuring that you can earn 100 points in total. This strategy sounds like no fun, but if I had done it then I would have had much more fun during the semester. You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Anybody, even someone outside the business field, can benefit from an entrepreneurial mindset in day to day life. If a student does not want to use the entrepreneurial skills for their own benefit, then they must not be concerned with their life. The way that I developed my mindset was by criticizing the world around me at all times, which allowed me to see problems and imagine solutions.

Hey!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your strategy for success in the class. Although I probably would not have been able to complete all of the blog posts within the first week of classes, I think it would have been wise to at least start and get myself ahead. I also like how you mentioned the book as your most formative experience. I agree with that also because reading the books helped broaden my perspective on entrepreneurship as well. Good luck in the rest of your classes!