26 Celebrating Failure
There were multiple times during this semester when I completely failed and did so multiple times before I succeeded. I'm referring to the technological parts of another class I'm taking. First I struggled to understand and work with the 3D design part of the course, then I had to learn how to program with a simple computer chip. I have little experience working with electronics, and these computer programs were challenging for me. By the time that I learned how to use the 3D design application, it was time to begin writing code. Throughout the semester I have definitely experienced failures with these tasks.
From each failure I was remembering what did not work, and in turn I was getting closer to finding out what did work. This helped me most when learning how to program the computer chip, but also helped with the 3D designs. I learned that no valuable skill is obtained without work, and it takes constant effort to retain knowledge. From these experiences I can move forward in my life knowing that I can pass those obstacles, which gives me the courage to reach for more challenges.
Failure is considered bad for good reason. It means that you did not achieve your intended goal, and often means that someone else did better than you. Since experiencing failure is so grueling, it motivates people to make changes and avoid recurring failure. Nobody can fail at one thing again and again without either succeeding or giving up. When I think of failure personally, I try my best to avoid failure, but also learn from those that occur. Most of all, though, I make sure that I do not worry too much about something that is in the past. Because of this class, I have developed my confidence as a salesman and an entrepreneur. Now I look at failure as an opportunity to improve, and do so with in some cases blind courage. Nonetheless I look forward to taking more risks in order to reach my goal of selling the Defoginator on an international scale!

Hey Joseph,
ReplyDeleteGreat post, thanks for sharing. I could totally relate with you, I took a computer science class last semester and I struggled so hard I had to drop it within a few weeks. Anyways, I can agree with you that skills require hard work and dedication. Nothing that comes easy is worth the effort. I like your philosophy, it sounds like you are a very tenacious person!