25 What's Next?

     In order to determine the new path for the Defoginator, I will be speaking to more potential customers but this time in a new market. The new market will be the "average Joe" as they say, and the existing market will remain men who frequently travel for their company. 

     For the first set of interviews I spoke with some men via phone that travel for their business frequently, and each considers shaving a major priority each day. I told each of them about my current plan for the Defoginator, but said I am considering looking in other directions. I asked them what they would see as the next path. The primary response I got was to see what more I could offer in the mirror that takes it to the next level. Some suggestions were offered such as adding shave balm dispensers and other similar additions. Overall, I found that the interviewees wanted to see that the product was available to them. Some suggested that they sell the Defoginator in airports for pilots and flight attendants. 

     Based on the responses I received I determined that the potential consumers were most valuable to me, which is why I would push to make the product first available to them. I would do this by studying the type of people that most frequent airports and other distance travel ports. Once this market was pinpointed, I would be able to interview more and ultimately find the best way to get the product into their hands. 
    Upon this reflection, I determined that I would target the blue-collar working man. Although cleanliness may not be as important in this field, it can still be valuable for progression upward in the hierarchy for any individual. This market is certainly different than the previously chosen traveling businessman, which is why I plan to identify the value for this user group as well. These users may certainly benefit from the shared use if they live with a partner, in addition to saving time.

     I found two target users from this new alternative market, and asked them some questions regarding the Defoginator and the value in their minds. After explaining the concept in full to them, I asked them if they would want to use the product. Their responses were surprisingly similar to the latter interviewees. I found that many of the blue-collar men, especially those over 40, still consider a clean shaven face as the standard in their profession. One told me that the time he has to take to shave costs him a large amount of time each morning because he must do so before he even starts the shower. One surprising response I received was regarding his a potential use regarding computer and phone screens. The interviewee suggested that I use the concept for cleaning the dust and debris on tech. I found this interesting, and may consider proceeding in this direction.

     Based on the interviews, I found that there may be more than just a simple product to offer to users. It could be more valuable for the venture as a whole to work on making multiple types of Defoginators for different purposes. Although it would take some major reevaluating regarding the design, it may be the appropriate path for this product. 
     I do still believe that my original approach has value, and could be successful. All of the interviewees from both markets told me that with some alterations, they would likely buy and use the Defoginator themselves. This reminded me how many people suffer from this problem, and gives me motivation to help others like myself. 

Comments

  1. Your product and ideas are my favorite so far. Every post is clear to understand and organized. Sounds like your interviews were productive and gave you some things to think about. I think if the Defoginator was made portable then it would become something that will easily be left behind in the shower or bathroom at hotels. And what other purposes besides shaving do you see this product being used?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts