23 Your Venture's Unfair Advantage

     The Defoginator is really just a product, but must posses more resources in order to become a valuable venture. These resources are found in social and human capital, capabilities, and the projected organizational culture. 
     
     In the form of human capital, I myself have skills that will help the venture succeed. I'm very well versed with facial hair shaving and upkeep skills. Because of this, I'm familiar with the various products men use in addition to the problems they often encounter regarding facial hair care. Most importantly, I can relate to the target market individuals on a personal level because I created the Defoginator as a solution to a real problem in my life. In the form of social capital I can also help the venture. Not only do I know countless men that grow facial hair rapidly, but I have close ties with four different successful businesses that work in the facial care field. The capabilities of the Defoginator and the venture itself revolve around shaving and bathroom ease. 

     In the future the venture may have multiple employees and have an actual organizational culture. The culture behind the Defoginator would definitely be focused on well dressed and put together employees that can all appreciate the value behind the Defoginator. An emphasis on looking sharp as if they each used the Defoginator the shave before coming to work. The organization would represent a family of people trying to help the users look their best without being late for their jobs. 

     All of these resources are helpful, but are not in any way rare, inimitable, or non-substitutable. Each resource is clearly valuable because together they all support the venture and provide stability. Due to the small common resources, there is one resource that is priceless. Although it is not yet in existence, a patent on a battery-powered wiper blade mirror would be the unfair advantage. This would be the advantage because it would essentially make the Defoginator the only product of its kind on the market. 

Comments

Popular Posts