19 Idea Napkin No. 2
1) You.
I'm a student at University of Florida, and I have experience with global business and logistics. My skill set ranges from outdoor survival to business etiquette. I'm a BSA Eagle Scout, and grew up traveling with my mother all over the world. These experiences taught me about the world and the way that different societies live. I aspire to finish studying marketing at UF and find a marketing role in a business. The Defoginator 1000 is a product that I can relate to personally because I have to shave frequently. If I were to start a business with the Defoginator 1000, I would definitely enjoy representing the brand because of my personal investment in it. If it was successful, I would expect the business to play a major role in my life.
2) What are you offering to customers?
The Defoginator 1000 consists of a mirror with wiper blades, and an enclosed mechanism with a waterproof casing. In addition, there will be suction cups or a hanger for installation. For convenience, the Defoginator will also have a tray for storing your shaving tools. This product will allow users to shave in the shower with a clear mirror that never gets foggy.
3) Who are you offering it to?
Target users will be mainly men who work full time and are usually in a rush to get to work. Men that have to shave daily will use the Defoginator more often than most. In addition, I have found that men who travel for work are most likely to buy and use the Defoginator. Psychologically, the primary users of the Defoginator are men that are concerned with their appearance.
4) Why do they care?
The main reason that customers will want to purchase the Defoginator is because of the difficulties that they currently face with shaving due to foggy mirrors. When shaving with a foggy mirror there's a risk of: cutting yourself, missing spots, and being late to work. These difficulties may seem minor to most, but the fact that it is a daily problem will drive them to buy the Defoginator.
5) What are your core competencies?
I stand out among others because of my drive to succeed in business and personal investment in the product itself. When customers look at my product they will see me, a frequent user, and will be able to see the value of the Defoginator. I believe that the men who represent the target market will be able to relate to myself, the face of the business, and in turn feel more confident about buying the Defoginator. What sets the Defoginator apart from other competing products, is the wiper blade system that more efficiently clears the mirror.

Love the name! Very sophisticated and fun- sounding. I can see all the men in my family loving this product. It sounds like you could even put the mirror in the shower since it suctions to the wall. That way you can shave your face in the shower every morning which saves even more time!
ReplyDelete