7A Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

Bathroom Fog and Air Conditioning Opportunity 

Every single day people have to get out of the hot shower and get ready in front of a foggy bathroom mirror. This problem exists for anyone that needs to be able to see in the mirror, but can't  because of the condensation on the mirror. 

TESTS


WHO: Based on previous interviews, the focus will be on men that shave regularly. In addition, women who apply makeup in the bathroom may be affected by this problem, but usually have alternate mirrors or leave the bathroom. 

WHAT: Due to condensation on bathroom mirrors, users are unable to see their reflection while shaving or tending to facial needs. 

WHY: Users have found that wiping off the mirror with a towel is only a temporary fix, and it would take too long to wait for the steam to dissipate because most people are in a hurry in the morning. 

Interviews Summary 

After speaking with five adult men that regularly shave, I found a couple of new insights concerning the problem. Impressively, this is a serious problem for many men and I saw firsthand how shaving with a foggy mirror can impact men. Some of the interviewees were sporting nicks from that day because they couldn't see well enough. 

I found that due to being rushed for time, many men may try to shave in the shower, which usually has no mirror (much less a clear mirror) to use. This results in, not only many missed spots, but cuts and rashes afterward. 

Secondly, one interviewee explained that the combination of condensation and little time has resulted in many men doing everything in the shower. This includes: bathing, brushing teeth, and shaving. Because of the lack of a mirror in the shower and a way to keep it clear, many men are leaving home without the hygiene prep that they need. 

Reflection

Upon concluding each interview I found that many men share the same problems as I do regarding shaving. Based on the interviews I found that there should be a focus more in creating a fog free mirror that men can use in the shower. This proves that my current hypothesis and analysis of the opportunity is accurate, and with further refining I will be able to target a way to solve this problem entirely and meet the needs of the users.


Comments

  1. I love this! The mirror gets foggy due to the steam making looking in the mirror after the shower a struggle. The idea of a fog free mirror would be ideal for this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joseph,
    I can totally relate to this problem myself! These past months of winter when I use steaming hot water in the shower I have experienced this issue a lot, and the only solutions I have found are very inconvenient; to leave my bathroom door open for the steam to escape which affects privacy or to simply use colder water which is even worse because it is uncomfortable. I think there is definitely a niche to be fulfilled in regards to this issue. Great analysis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts