14A Halfway Reflection
1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
Initially, I did not know what to expect this course or what sort of work it would require. At this point in the course I have found that the ability to question everything and accept criticism helped me the most. Particularly regarding the business idea, one must be able to take criticism and improve the product accordingly. If you get stuck with the wrong mindset, then you would be destined for failure.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
There have certainly been times during this course that I wanted to skip one or two assignments just because I had waited too long to begin them, and I'm glad that I did not because in this course it only takes a couple assignments to bring you down a whole letter grade. There is not way to bring back lost points in this course, and that drove me to complete each and every one so far. Additionally, it can help substantially if you get to know your blog group in person that way you can push each other to complete assignments. I would not say that I have become more or less tenacious during this course, but it definitely helps to choose a entrepreneurial problem that relates to you personally.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
1. I would tell future students to find people that you know that are in the course, and make a time each week when you can all meet to complete each weeks blog posts and comments. This way you can bounce ideas off each other and more efficiently develop your blog posts.
2. Choose a entrepreneurial opportunity based on your own interests and needs. If you do not do this, the subsequent posts will be more difficult and less interesting.
3. Finally, every single student in the course has the ability to sit down and complete all part A and B assignments within a week of the course starting. Although I did not do this, I would have significantly less work each week if I did.

Hi J!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, and even greater tips! I really found the first tip interesting, as I had never thought of getting together with classmates to bounce ideas off for our own blog posts. I also agree with your second tip; had I not had any true interest in implementing new technology into our classrooms, developing my business idea would have been more of a chore than a fun past-time. Again, great post!
Hey!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with every single point that you made. I also have had times where I wanted to skip a few assignments simply because I didn't feel like doing it but I am very glad now that I ended up doing them all. Setting a time with other people who are also in your class is an awesome idea, especially because time management is so critical in this class. Good job on your post!
The ability to see the end of the tunnel when there are a lot of assignments ahead is a valuable skill. This class is definitely made for those that already have experience with online courses. You must stay up with the updates because the announcements are relevant. The cupcakes make you stay in-tune with the lectures and in turn, the work itself.
ReplyDelete