11A Idea Napkin No. 1
1.
I'm a Marketing major with a minor in Innovation. I have always aspired to work in the business field, which is why I try to look at all aspects of the world around me with an entrepreneurial state of mind. The Defoginator 1000 is an easy product for me to support because I have to shave my facial hair quite often, and having a foggy mirror has always prevented me from shaving effectively. I would most definitely use the Defoginator 1000 myself, and it would certainly make my life much easier.
2.
Via the Defoginator 1000 I will provide my customers with the ability to quickly shower, shave, and brush their teeth with a fog free mirror. Consumers that currently shave after showering most likely cannot see their reflection because of condensation on the mirror. This results in the consumer spending more time than anticipated, potentially cutting themselves while shaving, and likely missing multiple patches of hair each time. The device will consist of a mirror that can be installed anywhere on the bathroom wall via a screw or suction cups, wiper blades that clear the water and condensation from the surface, and a place for users to store their shaving supplies.
3)
The target market for the Defoginator 1000 consists of men that grow facial hair, and specifically those that often have a busy schedule or travel often. As previously mentioned, the Defoginator 1000 can be installed via suction cups so that users can take it while traveling. Since men represent the target market, advertising and sales would be focused on male dominant mediums, but the product will still be available to all consumers.
4)
The obvious reason that consumers would choose to purchase the Defoginator 1000 is because it resolves the issues associated with having a foggy mirror in the bathroom. Aside from this, the Defoginator 1000 is the best choice compared to similar products currently on the market because it would be at least 50% the price. This is possible because the current products use a heating system to prevent the condensation, which subsequently fails to prevent splashing water from the shower.
5)
Regarding the Defoginator 1000 the main factors that set it apart are: price, effectiveness, and portability. There is no current product on the market that beats the Defoginator 1000 in those categories. Concerning myself as the entrepreneur at the center of the concept, I consider my personal investment and interest in the Defoginator 1000 as the primary factors that set me apart.
Upon reviewing each of these descriptors, I found that the Defoginator 1000 may not be able to appeal to as many consumers as I had expected. I reached this conclusion based on my own experience, and observations of the facial hair culture today. Primarily, I found that no single form of shaving dominates the market at this time. This impacts the appeal of the Defoginator, because many of the forms of shaving today do not require precision or a clear mirror in order to shave.

I am a fan of your idea to defog a mirror with your because I have come across the issue a lot after I take a shower. I think there are some other products very similar to this which could be an issue you though, I sometimes use a blow dryer to get rid of the fog, but it takes a while so if your machine does it faster that would be nice. You seemed to have done a good job with all of your research and this post was put together very well, good job.
ReplyDelete