3A Your Entrepreneurship Story
My Entrepreneurship Story
Before I even heard of entrepreneurship, I was surrounded by entrepreneurs. All throughout my childhood my mother took me to places and events where I was exposed to distinguished and successful entrepreneurs. Throughout in my teenage years, I was hired to work for three different entrepreneurs in their businesses. The first job I ever had was working as a bat boy for a minor league baseball team, the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, which was at the time owned by Quint Studer. Mr. Studer gained exponential wealth through his business ventures and started a business that would train health care workers in customer service skills. This customer relations emphasis was clearly carried over into each of his businesses including the ballpark staff. Even working in a position that seldom required me to interact with fans, if I happened to have a bad interaction with a fan then another employee would no-doubt notice and confront me about it. Mr. Studer, as an entrepreneur, is continually improving his systems and businesses in order to maximize success. My first job gave me a great many skills that will help me in the future. Additionally, I worked for a fish market and a nonprofit entertainment company, both of which were started from scratch by entrepreneurs without any formal education in business. I worked closely with each of these business owners, and gained a substantial amount of knowledge in the entrepreneurial field. While working for the nonprofit company I was assigned to manage/improve the food stand, which was essentially a miniature self sufficient business. This was a valuable experience for me and contributes to the skills involved with my major (marketing).
On the subject of my enrollment in ENT3003, I have no choice but to take the course as it is required for students enrolled in the Innovation Academy. Additionally, I would have likely taken this course as it pertains to business majors. I hope to develop my experience in business skills and also learn more about the way that small businesses work (or fail to work). Also, I hope to learn more about communication skills from Professor Pryor. 
These photos are from when I was working with the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. You can see me in all of the photos, but specifically I'm wearing number 31 in the first. The third photo was taken after the team won the championship and features my 90+ year old supervisor, Terry, after some of the players poured champagne over his head.
These photos are from when I was working with the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. You can see me in all of the photos, but specifically I'm wearing number 31 in the first. The third photo was taken after the team won the championship and features my 90+ year old supervisor, Terry, after some of the players poured champagne over his head.

Comments
Post a Comment